1.3.07

a poem

okay in light of the fact i've been spending SO much time trying to meet the criteria set by the government i've neglected my other major goal, and that being the improvement of my blog as per my talent agent peter bond's instructions.

so as my mind (being as small as it is) is kinda thinking about bigger things i thought the first of the "personal" touches to my blog would be about who i AM... or maybe more properly what i am...

i came across a poem by a dude named jack prelutsky that has spoken to me (well actually i read it... if it had spoken to me i'd be scared... nobody likes phantom poems!)

Tyrannosaurus was a beast that had no friends,
to say the least.

It ruled the ancient out of doors,
and slaughtered other Dinosaurs.



i know i've said how bad a rep we t-rexs have, but this poem summarizes it i'd say. has my species evolved to the point of being TOO good a killer?
am i nothing more then a beast with no friends... (wait a minute i don't have any friends here in new zealand!!! AHHHHHH)...

though we once ruled the earth as king of the dinos those were the ancient out of doors indeed. is there no place for us in this new age of mammals?

are we t-rexs really nothing more then primal brutes destined to be nothing more then prehistoric killing machines with no place in society?

well i simply have to remember my family reunion 2 years ago...

craig was nice enough to drive me out to a gathering of my various relations and relatives still alive here in the modern worlds...

i had a great time! craig on the other hand, well...

through the actions of t-rexs, like my cousin larry (geez i hate that guy!), this stereotype and perception lives on and is promoted... when not ALL of us t-rexs do it...

now that i'm in a place that only knows a little bit about us dinos (though we t-rexs are the most famous in the world) i must endeavour to NOT fall into the trap of this poem or the tyrannosaur stereotype.

as a constant reminder i've added it to the side panel of my blog...

i'm also going to try and put more of these little thinkings i have up on my blog (not my fault their little thinkings though... you try thinking big with a brain the size of a peanut!). oh and if you bump into peter bond people of the web wide world let him know i've gotten a start on his instructions!

now i really should get back to resolving my countdown of doom issues...

No comments: