15.8.10

oh man, my hatching day ALREADY!

as if losing the team canada's first hockey game weren't bad enough, now i've learned another annoying thing. i'm getting older!

i can't believe it is my hatching day again! it seems like just yesterday since my last! (though i'm glad a year has passed since then. that adventure was really stressful!!!)...

it feels like i get less and less done between them. (that can't be though can it?)... come to think of it, i still haven't figured out who gave me that h-day present 2 years ago that landed me here in canada!

anyways today i was reminded of my 7th hatching day by my special talent agent peter bond who had taken me for a dinner to try and stop the hockey defeat from bringing me down. "well there killer, i figured i'd treat you to, well, a treat. so that you won't always associate august the 15th with this game."

"no problem," i rationally replied, not thinking about why he listed the date. "that's my hatching day. i won't over write that with the game."

"wait, today's your hatching day?" peter asked in a panic.

"i guess it is," i realized out loud. "weird, as the game feels like it was a few... hmmm."

peter suddenly had one of his excited idea moments (which happen all the time i've noticed). "well of course i knew that!" he exclaimed. "which is of course the OTHER reason i brought you out for dinner! that and you're present!"

"present?!?" i exclaimed.

"oh yes," he said almost unconvinced. suddenly he grabbed and ripped a wooden panel off the wall. are you allowed to do that? "i just need to make a couple quick fixes..."

next thing i knew peter had a paint brush. which would have been weird from anyone else, but this was peter we were talking about!

next thing i knew he presented me with a picture of me.

i have to say, this may not be a plane ticket home, but it sure is one sweet hatching day present!

cheers peter!

2 comments:

Albertonykus said...

Happy birthday, Traum! Let's hope this one will be better than the last!

Peter's not always very -thorough- but his heart is certainly in the right place!

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

HAPPY B_DAY! what a cool picture!